Contagious: Why Things Catch On
“People don't think in terms of information. They think in terms of narratives. But while people focus on the story itself, information comes along for the ride.”
The book takes a look at the 6 aspects of virality and how products, ideas and thoughts go viral online.
THE 6 ASPECTS:
1. Social currency (would people look cool if they shared the product?)
2. Triggers (how can people be reminded about the product?)
3. Emotions (does the product bring out emotions in people?)
4. Public (can others see we are using the product?)
5. Practical Value (is it a useful product?)
6. Stories (what is the story behind the product?)
READ IF: You are a marketer or a business owner who wants to create a product or service that can go viral.